Physical education is a vital part of our total school curriculum. God has blessed us with a variety of physical skills and abilities that we are to use to the best of our ability. While not all gifts are the same, students should appreciate the good health and abilities that God has given to them. Students are given the opportunity to learn and celebrate their physical gifts through a variety of experiences including games, team sports, and individual testing. These activities provide the student the opportunity to use what God has given them to grow in teamwork, sportsmanship, and setting personal goals.
- Be able to apply physical education to life as a Christian (understand and appreciate basic physical fitness, be able to recognize abilities as gifts from God, be able to use behavior which is safe for self and others in all physical activities, and be able to demonstrate proper social, cooperative, and competitive skills).
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills which better enable participation in group and team activities.
- Be able to assess physical fitness level and participate in activities that improve physical fitness, wellness, and cardiovascular capacity.
- Be able to develop movement through rhythm and dance.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills which better enable participation in individual and dual sports and recreational activities.
- Possess an awareness and respect for individual differences and for cultural differences through a variety of sports and dances.