Music education is an important part of our total school curriculum. God has blessed us with a variety of music related skills that we are able to use to the best of our ability. While not all gifts are the same, students should appreciate what God has given them. Students are given the opportunity to learn and celebrate their musical gifts through a variety of classroom experiences and during various performances. These activities provide the student the opportunity to use what God has given them to grow creatively as an individual.
- Possess basic music literacy.
- Appreciate music and be able to evaluate music soundly.
- Understand the interrelationship between music and history and music and other arts.
- Appreciate one’s God-given abilities in music.
- Understand and appreciate music as an expression of many cultures and religions.
- Be able to function positively as an individual in a large group.
- Appreciate and participate in the creative process to express emotions and feelings.
- Understand the importance of and display concert audience etiquette.
- Understand and appreciate music as a form of worship.
- Strive to display music performance skills.