Art education is a vital part of our total school curriculum. God has blessed us with a variety of artistic skills that we are to use to the best of our ability. While not all gifts are the same, students should appreciate what God has given to them. Students are given the opportunity to learn and celebrate their artistic gifts through a variety of experiences using different media. These activities provide the student the opportunity to use what God has given them to grow creatively as an individual.
- Understand and apply the principles and elements of art.
- Be able to use the materials and processes of art.
- Be able to recognize and appreciate qualities in art and in nature.
- Be able to state and justify aesthetic evaluations of art and nature.
- Understand art from a historical perspective.
- Understand and appreciate art as the expression of culture, including religion, and understand and appreciate diversity.
- Increase creativity and expressiveness, and appreciate creativity and expressiveness in visual arts.
- Appreciate the creative abilities that God has given us as individuals and be able to express oneself in a Christ-like manner.