Zion Lutheran School
Educational Excellence in a Christ Centered Family
Week of May 22, 2017
· Wednesday is last quesadilla hot lunch and not more pizza Fridays (hot dogs this Friday)
· May 25th—Field Trip to Rickreall Dairy 11:30-2:15
o Lunch at school from 11-11:30
· May 26th—Field Day
o We will come back to school for hot dog lunch
o Then do relays and parachute games with preschool and preK
o Then do relays with 1st-8th grade
o 2pm dismissal
· May 31st—Kinders & Preschool lead chapel at 8:20am
· June 9th—Father’s Fun at 2pm; wear your running shoes J
· June 9th—School Carnival
· June 15th—All school swim at Osbourne
· June 16th—Last Day of School
o Chapel at 10:30am
o Dismissal at 11:30am
In Bible time we are learning about Philip and the Ethiopian. The Bible words are “Faith comes from hearing the Word of God.”
In whole group literacy
High Frequency Words: off, take, our, day, too, show
Phonological Awareness: syllables
Phonics and Handwriting: y, q
Math K is working on counting money: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
Math 1 is working on counting money: pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.
In social studies we will learn about American holidays.
Library is Monday.
Tuesday is PE.
In art on Wednesday, we will be working on clay animals.