*** Use this Link for a copy of your math text (if you forget your book), online tutorials, or extra practice.
Textbook Site Login Information:
- Login for 6th book: student32997
- Login for 7th book: student71677
- Login for 8th book: student61822
- Login for Algebra: student42386
- Password for all: golions
This Week’s Home Note
October 17, 2017
Middle school families,
Monday is FESST. Remember your pumpkin and pumpkin decorating supplies!
- 6th Math Red: We will solve and check multiplication and division equations. Quiz 2-2 will be on Thursday. Chapter 2 Test is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, October 31st.
- 6th Math Blue: Quiz 2-1 will be on Tuesday. We will learn about equivalent fractions & decimals and compare & order rational numbers.
- 7th Math Green: Quiz 2-1 will be on Monday. We will learn about sequences, functions, find function rules, and work with equations, tables & graphs.
- 7th Math Blue: We will review decimal place value, learn decimal operations, and solve equations involving decimals. Quiz 3-1 is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 30th.
- 8th Math Green: Quiz 2-1 will be on Monday. We will learn about sequences, functions, find function rules, and work with equations, tables & graphs.
- Algebra: Quiz 2-1 will be on Tuesday. We will solve 2-step & multi-step inequalities and solve inequalities with variables on both sides.
- 5/6 Religion: We started learning about Hosea. We will finish Hosea, learn about Joel, and practice for our upcoming chapel.
- Memory: Christmas Worship Poem: 1st 6 lines due October 27th
A child who shows us God’s own face
A child who came to bring God’s grace
A child who makes us all rejoice
Sing happy songs with one clear voice
Songs of a child who sets us free
Who gave his life for liberty
Did your student forget his/her math book? Visit zioncorvallis.com and follow the directions on the Middle School Math page to access the online text.
In Christ We Can “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
Chapel Offering Project: Hurricane Relief
PTL Fundraiser: Box Tops for Education are due 10/25.
October 18-20 No School
October 23 FESST Pumpkin Decorating – Bring your own pumpkins and supplies.
October 25 Box Tops are due!
October 27 Jog-a-thon: I will sponsor any middle school student who asks me.
7th/8th will run 9:45-10:30.
5th/6th will run 10:30-11:15.
November 1 Chapel lead by 5th/6th grade
November 2-9 ITBS Testing – Please do not schedule any appointments in the mornings.
November 9 Early dismissal @ 11:30; End of 1st quarter
November 10 No School – Thank a veteran today!
November 16 Parent/Teacher evening conferences
November 17 No School Parent/Teacher day conferences
November 21 Picture retakes
November 22 Special Friends’ Day/Grandparents’ Day; Early dismissal @ 11:30
November 23-24 No School – Happy Thanksgiving!
November 29 Dollar Day at chapel