Welcome to the new school year! I started teaching in 1992. I have been teaching at Zion since 2002. I hold both a BS and MA in Education from Concordia University, Seward. I enjoy teaching because I get to work with a great staff and also wonderful families and students. My favorite class is Religion, due to the fact that I get to share about Jesus with the students. I enjoy playing board and card games, tennis, golf, and going for walks.
Robert Walz Contact Info
- Online Grades
- 3rd & 4th Grade Newsletters
- Textbook Websites
- Supply List
- Classroom Donations
- Grading Information
Online grades are available through TADS.
Mr. Walz’s Newsletter #40 (Last one of the year)
0. This again is tomorrow’s Memory…The Fifth Petition And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Psalm 130:3-4 If You, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with You there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
1. Thank you for being our room parent this year, Mrs. Higgins. The class and I appreciate your help with the numerous organizational items and tasks that you accomplished throughout the year. You deserve the summer off.
2. Prayers – Please keep 3rd and 4th grade students and families in your prayers throughout the summer.
3. Friday Reading TIme – Thank you for coming in and reading to the class on Fridays during Language Arts time, Mr. Seaders. We also appreciate your flexibility when there was no school on Friday.
4. Report cards may be picked up in the school office starting on Wednesday, June 21st.
5. Eighth Grade Graduation is Thursday evening at 6:30. I hope you are able to attend.
6. Thank you, Mrs. McCracken, for all of your organizing and time spent with the Carnival this year. Also, thank you any volunteers who helped. I saw many of you here helping out in the classrooms or outside on Friday.
7. If you have a 4th Grade student and are planning some trips this summer, make sure to check out https://www.everykidinapark.
8. Chapel starts at 10:30 on Friday. You are all welcome to attend. You can sit with your child even. Students will be dismissed from the room after Chapel is over.
9. Students will be taking home all school supplies tomorrow. Students should not bring planners to school on Thursday or Friday. Did all the big/sturdy bags make it to school today?
10. I am bringing in a snack for the class on Friday, in order to celebrate 20 stickers.
11. Thank you for driving for the All School Swim today Mrs. Andrews, Mrs. Higgins, Mrs. McCracken, and Mrs. Westfahl.
12. Please let me know if you would like to attend church with me. I go to church on Sundays at the 9:30 service. I would love to worship with you.
13. If anyone would like to go on a walk this summer, just let me know. I like to walk for an hour. Flat is great but hills work also.
14. If you would like to find some free online books and novels for your children to read this summer, you can try www.gutenberg.org/ . It is called Project Gutenberg.
15. Registration is currently happening for the 2018-2019 school year. I hope to see your son/daughter/grandson in 4th Grade next year or in the halls in 5th Grade.
16. Many of you helped me out this year with your prayers, time, donations, Local Boyz,, conversation, chaperoning, support, and caring. Thank you for making this a wonderful school year.
17. Finally, thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to teach your son, daughter, or grandson this school year. God’s blessings to each of you this summer, wherever you go and whatever you do. If you are in Minnesota in August, I may see you there.
12 – #2 Pencils
2 – Glue Sticks
2 – Pink Erasers
1 – Pkg. Washable Felt Markers
1 – Pair Scissors
1 – Pencil Case
10 – Pocket Folders
1 – Pkg. Lined Paper
1 – Pkg. Plain Paper
8 – Lined Notebooks
2 – Blue Pens
1 – Red Pens
1 – Ruler
1 – Pkg. Pencil Crayons
A = 100 – 90
B = 89 – 80
C = 79 – 70
D = 69 – 60
F = 59 – 0