Welcome to the new school year! I started teaching in 1992. I have been teaching at Zion since 2002. I hold both a BS and MA in Education from Concordia University, Seward. I enjoy teaching because I get to work with a great staff and also wonderful families and students. My favorite class is Religion, due to the fact that I get to share about Jesus with the students. I enjoy playing board and card games, tennis, golf, and going for walks.
Robert Walz Contact Info
- Online Grades
- 3rd & 4th Grade Newsletters
- Textbook Websites
- Supply List
- Classroom Donations
- Grading Information
Online grades are available through TADS.
Mr. Walz’s Newsletter #27
0. There is an attachment pertaining to Writer’s Workshop attached to this newsletter.
1. Memory due on Thursday, March 22nd – The Second Article (Part 3).
There is no Memory due the week we are back from Spring Break.
2. Prayers – Please keep Mrs. Brown (our wonderful Choir teacher) and her family in your prayers during the week of March 19th.
3. Collections – Dillon should bring in a collection to school on Friday, Mar. 16th.
4. The Spring Concert and Invention Convention event is on May 1st. Students will be singing songs and playing hand chimes in the church. The Invention Convention is happening in the gym. Students will be displaying hanger inventions and showing our class board in the gym.
5. Invention Convention – Students were given a clothes hanger and are asked to invent a new way to use the hanger, instead of just for hanging up clothing. Students will also write down the name of the invention and the purpose it has.
6. Scholastic Books Club – I will send out forms in April, since there were no orders for March.
7. We are having the 2nd round of school pictures on Wednesday, March 21st. Order forms were sent home earlier this week.
8. We have Spring Break from March 24th (Saturday) through April 2nd (Monday). School starts again on Tuesday, April 3rd.
9. Book It! – How is everyone doing for goals in March? This is the last month of the Book It! Program. Keep reading, everyone.
10. Chapel – The 3rd/4th Graders are helping me with the chapel message next week. Also, our Chapel offerings are now designated for the purchase of a heifer.
11. The school auction is on May 4th. Each of the classes in grades K-8 are putting together a themed basket for bidding during the auction. Our class will be putting together a Travel Basket. The basket is for items that kids and families can do while in a car travelling during the summer. There is a box in the room for students to place items for the basket.
Tickets for the auction are being sold out of the ELC office.
12. The 8th Grade is having a spaghetti dinner on March 16th, from 6:30-8:00, to raise money for their class trip. I hope you are able to attend
13. The Arts Center will be at Zion for the next 4 Fridays. Students will be working on ceramics. There are some Fridays that parent help will be needed. Are you able to help?
12 – #2 Pencils
2 – Glue Sticks
2 – Pink Erasers
1 – Pkg. Washable Felt Markers
1 – Pair Scissors
1 – Pencil Case
10 – Pocket Folders
1 – Pkg. Lined Paper
1 – Pkg. Plain Paper
8 – Lined Notebooks
2 – Blue Pens
1 – Red Pens
1 – Ruler
1 – Pkg. Pencil Crayons
A = 100 – 90
B = 89 – 80
C = 79 – 70
D = 69 – 60
F = 59 – 0