Welcome to the new school year! I started teaching in 1992. I have been teaching at Zion since 2002. I hold both a BS and MA in Education from Concordia University, Seward. I enjoy teaching because I get to work with a great staff and also wonderful families and students. My favorite class is Religion, due to the fact that I get to share about Jesus with the students. I enjoy playing board and card games, tennis, golf, and going for walks.
Robert Walz Contact Info
- Online Grades
- 3rd & 4th Grade Newsletters
- Textbook Websites
- Supply List
- Classroom Donations
- Grading Information
Online grades are available through TADS.
Mr. Walz’s Newsletter #16
1. Memory – Memory due on Thursday, Dec. 21st – The 8th Commandment and meaning
2. Prayers – Please keep Mr. Walz and the rest of his family in your prayers during the week of Dec. 17th.
3. “Who Is It?” Board – Andrew should bring in pictures and table items for the “Who Is It?” board area on Monday, Jan. 8th. (That’s the first Monday after Christmas vacation.)
4. SignupGenius – There is a Christmas Party sign up sheet out now on SignupGenius.
5. We wrote our A Million Thanks letters in school last week. Students can definitely write another letter at home.
6. Christmas Party – We are having our Christmas party in the afternoon of Dec. 22nd, from 12:45 – 2:15. We will be exchanging books at our Christmas party. Students should choose a book that would be appropriate for either a boy or a girl. Have the book wrapped and sent in by the 18th. Please stay within an $8 limit. Thank you.
7. Thank you Mrs. Mocello and Mrs. McManus for hosting an Hour of Code last week.
8. Country Reports due on Dec. 15th & 18th – There are 2 items to complete for the reports.
1st – Students have a sheet to fill out about the country.
2nd – Students should bring a food items to share from the country (no peanuts please).
We will start the reports at 12:00 on each day. After one student finishes a report, we will start the next one.
Friday, Dec. 15th
Monday, Dec. 18th
9. Christmas worship – Students with no parts should arrive by 6:15 and sit with families. When it is time to start, students will go to their spots on the side of the sanctuary to sit.
(Mary and Joseph should head to the 1st & 2nd Grade room to put on costumes at 6:00.)
Also, all families are asked to provide 1 dozen cookies by 3:00 on Wednesday for the reception after the Christmas worship service. Thank you.
10. Thank you Mrs. Andrews and Mrs. Rybarczyk for joining us and watching the Beaver Women’s team beat their opponents and claim a victory.
11. Thank you for bringing in the Veggie Tale Christmas dvd and also some ornaments from the room, Elsa. Austin, thank you for bringing in Rudolph.
12. We will not be having a Spelling test next week. We will have a Spelling Bee on Thursday.
13. How are Book It! goals going for the month of December? Since the 3rd and 4th Graders are exchanging books for gifts, students will have a new book to read during break.
14. Christmas Trees – If any of you would like to take home one of the Christmas trees at school for home use, trees are available at 3:00 on Dec. 22nd. Just call Tara in the office and let her know.
12 – #2 Pencils
2 – Glue Sticks
2 – Pink Erasers
1 – Pkg. Washable Felt Markers
1 – Pair Scissors
1 – Pencil Case
10 – Pocket Folders
1 – Pkg. Lined Paper
1 – Pkg. Plain Paper
8 – Lined Notebooks
2 – Blue Pens
1 – Red Pens
1 – Ruler
1 – Pkg. Pencil Crayons
A = 100 – 90
B = 89 – 80
C = 79 – 70
D = 69 – 60
F = 59 – 0