Dear First & Second Grade Families,
Hurray for sunshine! Our class has really been enjoying the last few days with some extra outside activities. Today we explored estimation and capacity in math by doing some measurement activities in the sandbox. Let’s hope this great weather lasts until next Friday, May 24th for Field Day.
Here are a few requests/reminders for Field Day.
- Please remember to turn in permission slips.
- You should have received a Sign-up Genius for lunch food donations. Thank you in advance. Students will enjoy a delicious hot dog lunch!
- If you are able to drive to and from Crescent Valley High School, please let me know. We’re short a couple of drivers.
- Mr. Schultz is looking for parent volunteers to time races. This is an easy job. Please let him know if you are able to help.
- Our class presents chapel on Wednesday, May 22nd at 8:25 in the church sanctuary. I hope you are all able to join us! We are still in need of these props:
- 3 clip on ties
- 3 child size suit jackets
- 1 fedora type hat
- “old person” reading glasses
Finally, your child should have received a Book Recommendation sheet in his/her backpack today. Instead of filling out reading minutes for the month, we’ll be recommending books to one another. I hope this will help get the children excited about reading books for the summer.
Be sure to look at our newsletter to find out what we’re doing in the classroom this week.
Enjoy this beautiful weather!